In a blog exchange lamenting the end of the world for studio people I said this:
It’s clear that studios have closed and producers and engineers are abandoning their careers mostly due to the radical change brought on by technology.
It’s not all bad. The current tech advances are revolutionary and while they close down options they open up a world of new ones. I’ve made a living from producing music recordings for over thirty years. During that time I’ve had to bend and shift and consistently come up with new ways to stay afloat. I’m still doing that and yes it has seldom been less than a struggle. But who said that working in the arts would ever be free of struggle? There are plenty of other vocations where the ride is easier.
Studio work in all its forms is an art and the arts are nothing if they are not about creativity. Be creative. Be imaginative. Find new ways. If you do that to the best of your ability and your ability is true the technology will help you make a mark. Remember that the recording industry was built by technologists inventing things that others were able to run with. Today’s pioneers will be tomorrow’s success stories.
0 comments:
Post a Comment